What happens when The Stuff Whisperer is stumped? She asks Mr. Stuff Whisperer!
A few days ago, TSW was out on the range, wrangling stuff in a client's home. The stuff was being a bit ornery.
My client needed a lightweight whiteboard hung up onto drywall. None of the picture hangers I had would work, as she would be writing on it. I was at a loss.
Then it occurred to her to call for back up. She brought the whiteboard home.
My hubby's a carpenter, so I showed it to him. He just grinned and asked me to bring us both a can of root beer!
Then Mr. Stuff Whisperer proceeded to make hangers out of two pop tops.
- mark where you will drill into the frame
- measure from the sides and the top of the frame on the back
- if possible, measure 16" between holes. this will enable you to attach it to studs 16" apart, if they are located where you want to hang the frame.
- drill a short screw through the solid part of the pop top tab
- use a variable speed drill and drill slowly
- then secure the frame so that you can drill into it
- slowly drill the screw, with the tab attached, into the frame where you have marked it
- make sure the open part of the tab is facing the top of the picture--you might have to back the screw out and make adjustments before tightening down
- repeat for the second tab
- use a spatula or scraper to bend the tab outwards
- hang on screws secured in the wall that have been backed out to leave room for the hanger
12. toast your cleverness!